Wednesday, January 07, 2009

So since I'm standing in line....

I'll blog. Why not. My women's group just finished a crazy dinner at Motor Supply. I hadn't eaten there in so many years, but its fun, unique cuisine that changes daily. Today was heavy on the duck dishes. We got some delish wine, salads and appetizers. I had the warm beet, artichoke and mushroom salad and the others had the apple, pear, and cranberry salad. Yum. Then the 5 of us ordered 5 of the 5 appetizers to share. Yum yum yum. So I can't tell you any of what we ate, except the crab cakes, since I don't eat this kind of fancy smancy food often. One dish of some foreign cheeses, one plate of imported olives, one beef thing, one brulee (?) Made of duck and rosemary and mushrooms and bread. Yum. Then key lime pie and chocolate/strawberry thing for dessert. Wow. Aren't I just the fancy food writer?! But it was excellent.

And. I have two goals for this year. One-not going to Walmart. Two-making all birthday gifts. Of course, first hurdle is my DAD! But I think I have something. Everything else should be easier!

Out of line now. On the way home.

No comments: