Sunday, February 08, 2009

Life Update

So, I'm waiting again for an agent to come show our house. NOT complaining, just noting the facts. Since people are actually venturing out to see houses now, we've had steady traffic viewing our house (since Christmas).  I'm hanging around today to show the folks what I am in the process of doing and which rooms are going to be painted this week.  I am finally caving and painting the red walls in my living room. Sniff.  The red walls are what sold me on this house 7 years ago, but as my friend Ally said yesterday, I'm not mainstream.  So, we'll paint. 

Other news...Guess not lots has happened.  Nanny turned 85.  Half the family had a birthday.  I continue to be true to my challenge-all handmade gifts.  I might have cheated with Nanny's but the only thing an 85 year old woman needs is our enjoyment and she gets that from pictures of her family.  So, I printed pictures (I certainly can't do that by hand) and bought a photo album.  Again, can't make that by hand.  I did write bits of info inside, so I'm (guiltily) calling it handmade.  Next up is my mother-in-law's birthday, which is easy.  

Coming up...we continue trying to sell this house.  Julie and I are taking a photography class.  Valentine's Day.  Another conference.  All rather boring.  Oh, we saw an amazing ballet last night!  Off the Wall and onto the Stage.  It was so fantastic.  The choreographer created the ballet using poses from Jonathan Green's photos.  I didn't really think I liked ballet, but I was wrong.  Gospel and blues and jazz music.  Art.  Movement. Colors.  Ballet mixed with modern dance and popular dance.  Symbolism (I started analyzing the ballet in my head like we use to do in the dance appreciation class--"the choppy movements symbolized the breaking of the relationship...")  Simply devine.  And I want more ballet!  

No comments: