Friday, February 29, 2008

Random Talia Stories

Today while riding in the car, Talia tells me that she wants to sit on the back of a dinosaur. And feed the dinosaur her pop tart (organic and sweetened with fruit juice of course) and she demonstrates the feeding technique. She continues on a while so I feel compelled to tell her that dinosaurs became extinct long ago. I begin by trying to explain that, and she listens intently and all I get is "yeah" which should be translated as "WHATever mom. I know you are talking crazy now." So I feel more compelled to better explain extinction. I try to explain that the dinosaurs that we might see are like the metal sculptures or the chimpanzee and elephant at the zoo. No more real, living dinosaurs. She listens again and I hope she's understood what I am saying on some level, but she ends that explanation by saying "okay, but if a dinosaurs just pops out of the ground, then I will ride on its back." I knew when I'd been beaten-i said "yes, when one pops out of the ground you can ride on its back."


Another story- we've been watching They Might Be Giants podcast. Little info about President's Day. The "hosts" are puppets, one dressed as George Washington. Of course he had wooden teeth. Over and over I explained about his wooden teeth. One morning, I overslept, and was hurrying, trying to cut corners! And decided to let teeth brushing slide. Talia was devastated! "But my teeth will fall out and I'll get wooden teeth!!!!" We went and brushed teeth.

No comments: