Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Bon Jovi

So that's been the song in my head all night...Whooooooah, we're half way there...whoooaah....living on a prayer," mainly because it is Elias' song of the moment and he sings it all the time. And I wanted to be half way to Arkansas quickly. Now we are, over half way to our destination. 3 hours to go. Very excited. First I have to go introduce myself to the woman who is giving us her daughter. What do I say? How do I start that conversation? In between fits of sleep, I've been over and over opening lines and rejected them all. Everything seems so trite and silly. Giving. Us. Her. Child. Whoa. Then after visiting her, I am supposed to get to the nursery and see our baby. That's another, less stressful, weird never-before-experienced conversation. And then the "first" we've been waiting on...seeing Kate. 7-7-09 is going to be a day for the record books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are almost half way there now. Hang in there.