Saturday, January 19, 2008

Adoption News

Not much to report except we are starting to collect for a massive (I hope) garage sale in early March. Also, we've had a couple of offers to show our profile to a birthmom. One woman in Missouri has ours (and we'll only hear if she chooses us) and another we turned down because of her excessive alcohol use for 21 weeks of the pregnancy. Soooo, I am still encouraged. I don't even mind getting offers that we turn down because something is happening. I think I'd feel more desperate if we only got an offer once every 2 months. So, all is good. The "might have a baby in 6 weeks" scare we had in December has us talking about names and where the baby will sleep, etc. That is probably a good thing. And I think I've figured out how to feed a newborn formula at night without a lot of hassle (now if only the babe will cooperate).

No comments: