Wednesday, July 30, 2008

No idea how to summarize all this into a title...

Still in Simpsonville for Montessori training. Every single thing we learn is like..eureka...finally education makes sense. It always made sense before but the Montessori method takes everything...everything, that good education has and puts it in visual, kinesthetic and concrete terms. And the sequence...small, repetitive steps...everything done until mastery. Amazing.

More about me! Today was an taxing day on my body (and my phone), but still felt (needed) the desire to go to the world's BEST sushi restaurant. Blue Fire Grill. Wow. Little more pricey than I am use to, but such unique and scrumptious rolls and sashimi.. Julie and I found it from a recommendation from Nina, who was in our first class. She said her favorite roll was the Texas roll-steak, cream cheese and jalepeno. We scoffed too. The first night, we tried that just to prove her wrong and it was phenomenal! We ordered a second one for dessert. We've ordered one every week! We've gone every week too. Julie and I eat homemade turkey sandwiches so we can save up and go hog wild during our Blue Fire nights. Tonight we went with our instructors and one of their friends, whom we adored instantly. Tonight, Julie noticed a buttery delicious guy at another table, which led to one of our teachers going to talk to him, leaving Julie's number and then him buying all five of us drinks! Niiicccee.

So, the phone. Julie fell in love with Habibi, a CD rack of African decent, and we returned to Ten Thousand Villages to get him today. I, again, ran to the bathroom, where I proceeded to drop my BRAND NEW Blackberry curve into the toilet. Now that is actually the second phone I've disposed of via toilet water, but its been a while. My sweet little curve is only 4 weeks old! I've submitted an insurance claim, but will be, sniff, phoneless, until Friday at the earliest. This must be this week's test!

We had a great proposal for a birthmom this week, but the estimated total we 45K, so after a day of talking and thinking, we passed on submitting our profile for consideration. We are working hard to save, and our budget for this adoption is 35K. Another 10,000 would just not be wise at this point. So, we are thinking of the future and our financial safety. I hate being wise. We are sending another profile to a birthmom in Nebraska, but that is usually one of 6-8, sooooo...not high hopes. :)

No comments: