Sunday, August 17, 2008

What are we doing?!

This is completely brought on by us, but we are trying to sell our house again. Last weekend we spent yet another weekend at my sister's house, who lives in West Cola. At one point I "ran home" for some food for dinner and it took over 45 minutes! Then my sister tells me a house on the street adjacent to hers is for sale. We ride by, we like, we look online and it is owned by my 3rd cousin! Talk about a small world! Mike and I talk, we contact an agent who's card we've been saving for months and months and we start the ball rolling. Actually the agent, Ginny Sadreameli, sold the house to us 6 years ago (my chemo brain had her filed away as Gena so took a few moments to put two and two together). We've seen the house near my sister's and we really like it. It is an older ranch style house with a 1040 sq ft basement! Hello art room and storage! When we viewed the house on Friday I left a note for Jim and Louise, asking them to call me since I haven't seen them in sooooo long. When I first moved to Columbia 15 years ago they took me out for dinner and actually cooked dinner once in that very house, but I don't remember. So I am trying to figure how to tweak reconnecting with family and working a deal for the house that doesn't screw up the reconnection. So, we are packing and simplifying and cleaning and chunking stuff...We are going to put down new carpet and vinyl in the master bath, so hopefully we can get this house sold! Since we tried unsuccessfully last year to sell the house, I am a bit worried right now. But, I'm hoping everything goes as it should. We are planning to do everything we can exactly as Ginny says so we can get it sold!

Adoption. No news.

No comments: